Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011



Hey there, I'm back. I had a very nice Thanksgiving with both my sons - Kody came home from college for two days and his girlfriend Lacey joined us as well from Santa Barbara U., my Mom - who made the most delicious dinner ever, and of course dogs and cats all underneath the table drooling and waiting for a scrap. It was a pretty day outside and has been a gorgeous weekend. The window in my room is open and the sun is shining. The evening of Thanksgiving I started feeling worse than usual and that night came down with the flu. Stomach, fever, achy all over. Jeez! I recovered enough by Saturday to get back to work on a bracelet I'm making for a friend. I actually have to finish two bracelets, a necklace and a secret pal gift before Christmas..... without going nuts! Uh Huh. I'm not panicking.
If I could ask Santa for one gift this year it would be a more comfortable chair to sit and bead in. I like the office type that swivels since I have my workspace set up like an "L" shape. It's not long before my butt's totally numb and my back is jacked. There has to be the perfect chair out there somewhere...just sayin' Santa!
I'm listening to "Any Other Day" by Wyclef Jean feat. Norah Jones. Such a pretty song. Well it's back to work. I hope everyone had a happy and healthy Thanksgiving and took the time to reflect on all that we have to be so thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment