Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!


I cannot believe it's 2010. Sounds like a space odyssey movie title or something. I remember when I was a kid and I would imagine life in the year 2000...cars that hover, robots, crazy stuff. Well with all the new-fangled techno gear we have I wasn't too far off. It's just weird to be here and realize that not too much has changed. My car has wheels for example and they are bald at the moment.
Today is my birthday and I'm old enough to know better I guess. It's a beautiful, crisp, sunny winter day and I'm headed to the library with my Mom to do my third favorite thing...find the perfect book(s) to escape with for the next couple of weeks. I haven't blogged for a while and since I haven't really given out my blog address yet I guess it's no biggy but I miss it. I have a few resolutions like losing some weight and doing more yoga...hope it sticks this time! Oh and to bead more! I'm happy to report that I'm finally emerging from the beading rut I was in earlier this winter. I made a slew of pretty earrings for Christmas gifts and knitted some nice scarves and ponchos for friends. I got invited to some great Christmas parties and celebrating with my closest friends was the perfect end to the year. Now it's time to begin my Bead Journal page adventure! I'm brainstorming right now.
Since it's my birthday I am posting a picture of a necklace I made using my birthstone, garnet, and sterling silver. It's not my design though. I got the idea from a beautiful necklace made by Mary Champion that was published in the Sept. 09 issue of Bead Style Magazine. It was a real inspiration and an opportunity to use the silver that I've been hoarding for several years.
I'm going to try to blog more often. I just watched the movie Julie and Julia about the gal who blogged about Julia Child's cookbook: The Art of Mastering French cooking and then made over 500 recipes in 365 days, phew! It was such a good movie. I felt guilty for not getting my butt in gear and blogging more! At least I don't have to cook!
Happiest wishes to everyone out there for the new year. Hopefully our economy will improve and there will be more peace around the world.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you back on the computer. Now to get you down the hill. LOL.

    ReplyDelete