Friday, January 22, 2010

Need to bead freely now.


This was a cuff I made last year using a raku button as the focal bead. I was really beading free when I made this one and it felt so awesome as it came together. It's probably my favorite piece I made. It's a reminder to me that I do have it within me to let go.
Well January is almost over and I haven't started my first BJP. I was afraid this would happen. I'm trying to relax about it. It's been such a busy month filled with mounds of paperwork which I cannot stand anymore. (And I used to be a bookkeeper!) I just checked out Arline's blog and Whoa girl! She is on fire. Already starting March's page. I'm happy for her because I know she must feel really good creating something so beautiful. She is amazing. It's pretty neat when you can look at a beaded page and actually feel the cold outside. January's page is one of those. That's art. Art inspires feelings/reactions in you. Good or bad, uncomfortable or warm and fuzzy or even repulsive. As long as it makes you feel something it is art. Start with a blank piece of felt and start sewing on one bead at a time and before long you have an emotion or a story and that's incredible. Of all the art mediums I have tried on, beading is the most challenging and rewarding.
I thought I should have something important or really introspective to say with my January BJP because it's my first one and this has me hung up. I need to just get out of my head. I might just bead something that is just fun and it's only meaning is to let me feel free. I have so many fires to put out right now, so much weighing on me in my personal life. I think this month shouldn't be a "heavy"! So with that in mind I should probably get beading and let this blog go for a bit. I am new to this but I am learning. Learning to be gentle with myself, thank you Robin.
Have you ever experienced this beadblock and if so what have you done to remedy the situation? Let me know!
* Time to bead freely, no matter what it looks like, it's a part of me.
Coming Up: I just finished a new necklace and my friends tell me that the rope looks like a hair scrunchy. Need to take the picture! And I will be posting my first BJP next time I log on!

2 comments:

  1. Just remember, there are no Bead Police in the BJP. Do them as you feel them. Enjoy them as you do them. It will all come together. Remember my very first page? It was all about Rage. It wasn't the best page I've done, but it served its purpose. It freed me to relax and enjoy beading.

    ReplyDelete