Sunday, November 8, 2009

Life is a journey home. Life is a circle...so is a beaded cuff!


Well I never do things in order so now that it's Saturday I have a few minutes to talk a little about myself and my reason for blogging. I live in a small town near the southern entrance of Yosemite National Park. Talk about good fortune. I have an endless supply of inspiration right outside my door. I walk my three pugs three times a day and these are my favorite times since I can take in all the beautiful scenery around me and dream about what I'm going to make next. I live with my Mom and two sons ever since my divorce a few years ago and we have formed a special family unit. I am eternally grateful for my Mom. A real survivor, she inspires me and pushes me to keep going when I feel like giving in. She has a favorite saying: It is what it is. It's something I tell myself every day. My sons are amazing. My oldest is 16 and preparing to graduate this year. I'm so not ready for this! He just got his SAT's back and he got a 1780. Yes I'm bragging here. I am so proud of him. He's in the drumline, marching band, etc. and a whiz at math and science. College is the next step and I'm muddling through the financial aid process and dealing with the idea that he is really growing up. He has a good job after school and likes to hang out with his friends. My youngest son is my heart. He is comical, a guitar player, likes to make experiments, still a hugger and a heck of a photographer. My kids are my life and they keep me striving to do bigger and better things. I buried the creative artist that I was before husbands, jobs and babies so long ago that I nearly forgot who she was. I am in a very special place in my life right now that really excites me. I am slowly rediscovering the artist in me and remembering how much I loved to make things. I have more time and energy for self-discovery.
I took a beading class just for the heck of it back in 2008 and met my dear friend, Arline , (her blog is : Sharedstuffbyarline.blogspot.com) who took me under her wing and taught me all about beading and introduced me to the Central California Bead Society. Their website is: www.centralcaliforniabeadsociety.org This incredibly talented woman has become like a second Mom to me. She got my reluctant butt onto at train to the Bay Area Bead Extravaganza (website:www.beadextravaganza.com ) She took me to the coast and taught me the basics of bead embroidery which inspired my first beaded cuff. Her faith in me and her inspiration has helped me to create some pieces that really surprised me. I met many wonderful women in the club who took me in and showed me the ropes and showered me with so much love... just what I needed after the trauma of the past few years. They helped me heal my wounds and gave me hope. I no longer feel that life is full of pain and disappointment waiting to happen. Life is incredible. I only wish I had met them sooner but this was meant to be and they were brought into my life when I needed them the most and so it is!
During our trip to the coast I met another amazing bead artist named Anja (you can check her out at: www.anjasbeaddesign.com.) She teaches and designs and has a warm and loving way about her that is such a pleasure to know. I can't wait to see where our friendship goes.
So this is the beginning of my journey. I'm learning about my true self and expressing that through my beading. My dream is to turn the passion I have for this artform into a business. This blog is a way for me to connect with other beaders/crafters, share their love for art and hopefully take a hobby to the next level. I'm not really hip to the computer so I am learning as I go here. I love to get comments so I can check out your blogs so drop me a line if you have time. Happy Beading!

1 comment: